| Home | Books and Gifts | Photo Album | 26 Family Cities | Mafia Site Search |
Salute to the Mob-Busters
Following is a small portion of the men and women who have had major successes or significant assignments in the government's fight against La Cosa Nostra. Their positions or employing agencies at the time, and cases of note are listed where known.
- All Investigators: FBI/NYPD/Labor Dept., et al - Historic arrest of 127 LCN members in New York City, New England and New Jersey
- James Ahearn, F.B.I. - Fratianno
- Harry Anslinger, Narcotics Bureau - Luciano
- Det. Louis A. Balestrieri, N.Y.P.D., O.C.I.D., HQ # 1 Operation "Wasteland"
- David Bauer, U.S. Attorney, Angelo Lonardo; Cleveland L.C.N.
- G. Robert Blakey, Author of R.I.C.O. Legislation
- Jules Bonavolonta, F.B.I.
- Charles Cavolo, Cleveland P.D. Lt. - Porrello-Lonardo Prohibition-era sugar war
- William Chase - Dept. of Labor
- Michael Chertoff, U.S. Attorney, Commission Trial
- Floyd Clark, - F.B.I. Assistant Director
- Sgt. Joe Coffee: N.Y.P.D. O.C. Homicide Investigation Unit
- Paul E. Coffee, Justice Dept. O.C. Section
- Pat Collins, F.B.I.
- Donna Congeni, U.S. Attorney - Angelo Lonardo and Cleveland L.C.N.
- Eugene Coon, U.S. Marshal - Witness Protection
- Patrick Cotter, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Rick Cowan: OCID. NYPD/FBI Task Force - Operation Wasteland
- Edgar D. Croswell, N.Y. State Police - Appalachin
- Thomas E. Dewey, N.Y. Prosecutor - Luciano
- Harry Dietrich, Det. Sgt., St. Petersburg PD - undercover; Trafficante
- Agent, Dan Doherty. D.E.A. New England mobs
- Lt. Tom Duffy, Mass State Police, New England mobs
- J.K. "Pete" Elliott, Retired Inspector, U.S. Marshals Service - Witness Security Division
- Ronald Fino, FBI/CIA - Laborers Union, Buffalo, Newark
- Patrick Fitzgerald, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Lee Flosi, F.B.I.
- Major Foley, Mass State Police, New England mobs
- James Fox, F.B.I.
- Frances Fragos, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Robert Friedrick, F.B.I., Jackie Presser
- Frank Friel, Philadelphia P.D./ O.C. Task force - Philly mob war 1980s
- Joaquin M., Garcia, FBI - Undercover/Post-Gotti Gambinos
- Diane F. Giacalone, U.S. Attorney
- Rudolph Giuliani, U.S. Attorney
- John Gleeson, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Ronald Goldstock, U.S. Attorney
- David Green, Broward County, FL Sheriff - John Tronolone (Cleveland L.C.N.)
- Joseph Griffin, F.B.I. - Cleveland L.C.N.
- Douglas Grover, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Ercole Guadioso, Supervisor Investigator, O.C. Task Force - John Gotti Jr.
- James Harmon, U.S. Attorney
- Gary W. Hart, F.B.I.
- Vincent Heintz, Asst D. A., Bronx DA - John Gotti Jr.
- David B. Helfrey, U.S. Attorney - Strawman Trial
- James D. Henderson, Sr., Head of the Organized Crime and Racketeering Section of the Justice Department -Chicago and Los Angeles
- David Hennessy, New Orleans Chief Police, killed in 1890 investigating beginnings of Mafia
- John Hogan, F.B.I.
- Elmer L. Irey, I.R.S. - Capone
- George E.Q. Johnson, U.S. Attorney - Capone
- Jeff Johnson, U.S. Attorney
- Estes Kefauver, U.S. Senator - Rackets Committee Chairman; Valachi
- Leon Kellner, U.S. Attorney
- Robert Kennedy - U.S. Attorney General
- Karyn Kenney, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Edward Kovacic, Cleveland P.D. - Danny Greene murder
- Robert Kroner Jr. F.B.I., Pittsburgh/Youngstown L.C.N.
- Robert Kubecka and Donald Barstow: Civilian informants/witnesses for Commission Trial. Murdered 08-10-89
- Andris Kurins, F.B.I. - Castellano Investigation
- Vincent LaPenta, N.Y.P.D., Operation Stadium Scrap
- Douglas Le Vien, N.Y.P.D. - Luchesse L.C.N. family "Goldbug" busts; Pizza Connection
- Walter Mack, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Arthur P. Madden, I.R.S. - Capone
- Det. Frank Manzione, NYPD for work in Operation Steal Fencing
- Andrew Maloney, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Frederick T. Martens, PA Crime Comm; Lt. w/ N.J. State Police; New York, N.J. and PA Crime families
- Geoffrey Mearns, U.S. Atty; Gambinos; Gravano
- Kenneth McCabe, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Marty McCann, F.B.I. - Danny Greene
- John McClellan, U.S. Senator - Rackets Committee
- Edward McDonald, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Leonard Michaels, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Craig Morford: U.S. Attorney, Pittsburgh/Youngstown L.C.N.
- Robert Morgenthau, Manhattan D.A. - Gotti
- Bruce Mouw, F.B.I. Gambino Squad; Castellano Investigation
- Eliot Ness, Federal Prohibition Agent - Capone
- Lt. William Newsome, New Jersey State Police: Scarfo family
- John O'Brien, Lieutenant Commander of NYPD's Organized Crime Investigation Division.
- Joseph O'Brien, F.B.I. Castellano Investigation
- Steve Olah, U.S. Attorney - Angelo Lonardo; Cleveland L.C.N. family
- James Orenstein, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Orlando, Nunzio - Mass State Police - New England Family
- Bill Ouseley, F.B.I. - "Strawman" Las Vegas skimming cases
- Frank Panessa, D.E.A. - Pizza Connection
- Thomas Parker - F.B.I. - Strawman
- John Partington, U.S. Marshal - WITSEC
- Nino Perrotta, Special Agent, Secret Service - John Gotti Jr.
- Virgil Peterson - F.B.I., Chicago Crime Commission - Giancana, Accardo
- Joseph Petrosino, N.Y.P.D. - Murdered in 1909 in Sicily investigating Mafia
- Art Pfizenmayer, F.B.I. - Allen Dorfman "Pendorf" Investigation
- Joseph Pistone, F.B.I. - Donnie Brasco infiltration of Bonnano L.C.N. family
- Rocco Poluttro, Cleveland P.D. - Danny Greene Murder
- Lt. Edward Quirk, New Jersey State Police: Scarfo family
- Oliver "Buck" Revell, F.B.I. Assistant Deputy Director
- William F. Roemer, F.B.I. - "Strawman" Las Vegas skimming cases
- Douglas Roller, U.S. Attorney
- Charles Rose, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- Carmine Russo F.B.I. Gambino Squad
- Russolillo, Pasquale - Mass State Police - New England Family
- Ralph Salerno, N.Y.P.D, Ret. - Mafia expert
- Roger Smyth, Lyndhurst, Ohio P.D.
- John Sommer, F.B.I. - Cleveland L.C.N.
- John Sopko, U.S. Attorney - Cleveland L.C.N.
- Frank Spero, F.B.I.
- George Stamboulidis, U.S. Atty, Colombos; "Chin" Gigante
- John Stoll FBI Pittsburgh/Youngstown Co-case agent on the recent Youngstown mob bust with Kroner.
- Walter E. Stone, Rhode Island State Police, New England Mob.
- Matty Tricorico, F.B.I.
- Tutungian, John - Det. Lt. Mass State Police - Stephen Flemmi, New England Family
- Robert Ulrich, U.S. Attorney
- Andrew S. Vanyo, Cleveland Police - Danny Greene murder
- George Vien, Asst. U.S. Attorney, New England Family
- Vince Visisko, N.Y. State Police - Appalachin
- Anthony Vendetti: N.Y.P.D. detective killed in 80s during surveillance of Genovese soldiers.
- Pete Wacks, F.B.I. - Allen Dorfman "Pendorf" Investigation
- Laura Ward, U.S. Attorney - Gotti
- William Webster, F.B.I. Director during Commission Trial
- Joseph Wegas, Lyndhurst, Ohio Police - Danny Greene murder
- Milton R. Wessel, U.S. Attorney - Appalachin
- Frank Wilson, I.R.S. - Capone
- Dean Winslow, F.B.I. - Cleveland L.C.N.
- James R. Wooley, U.S. Atty; Cleveland/Youngstown mobs; DNA expert
- Fred Wyshak, Asst. U.S. Attorney, New England Family
If you have knowledge of a Mob-Buster (particularly at the local or state level) who should be listed here, please e-mail me with the name and any available information or documentation.
Is your name listed here? If so, would you like your name removed, or do you wish to comment on this site? Please